Monday, March 30, 2009

Sports

"Fluke is a once in a lifetime event. The world No.1 side beating an utterly mediocre Australia isn't a fluke. And doing it twice to win the series 2-0 should shut the fans up."


When Australia lost to South Africa in the first T20, one of my friends, a hardcore Aussie supporter says that it was totally a 'FLUKE'. It was so funny because, the guy who said it was a GRE aspirant who has learned the meaning of 5000+ tough English words within a span of 6 months. Yet he uses the F-word to support his team and back them up.

People get as crazy as they probably get when they talk about sports/ favorite players. I'm writing this because, I do the same thing. The only difference is that I know that I'm acting crazy. When it comes to supporting Dhoni, I never have any backup. I am also not the kind of guy who could sell earphones to a deaf guy. I do not understand why people become so wreck less as soon as Dhoni arrives at the crease. Comments fly in the common room, instantly. I do not understand whether they try to provoke me into an argument or they really hate him. I used to hate Dhoni in the initial part of the career. I thought that the media was giving a lot of hype to him that he doesn't deserve. The guys who now are the 'Dhoni Haters' were once his fans, I guess. They just miss Dhoni being DHONI! They miss his enormous number of sixes and just can't live with the fact that he has turned into a more dependable batsman. He is simply the best keeper that India has ever had. One more thing. When he got injured and missed the second test, people said that the injuries are caused because he stresses out his body with all the awkward looking shots. Are these people dumb? Do they know how tough it is to keep wickets? This is how the people have become, looking for every opportunity to criticize Dhoni when they once loved him like hell!

Who the hell wishes for Dhoni getting out for the sake that Yusuf Pathan comes out to bat?!? Given his day, Yusuf can smash any opposition out of the game. That makes him the most inconsistant batsman in the team not the most dangerous. He only plays well in 1 out 25 games and people are dying to see that innings even though it never actually happens.

The whole thing actually gives an example of how real life works. Once, you are respected and valued but when something changes, the same people try to bring you down.

0 comments:

Search