Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Dust settles

What a day of football has it been. First off, we were treated to the attacking splendors of the Chileans. Then, we have got what everyone was waiting for. An upset. Yes, Spain have been beaten 1-0 by the Swiss. A great game for the Swiss. They stuck to their game plan, let Spain keep all the possession and struck them on the counter. This upset brought both, joy and sorrow to me. The sorrow was in a fantasy world that I keep visiting when there is football on TV. My Spanish contingent return miser results. The joy was in the real world. I've started to get frustrated by Spain in recent time. Especially with the Catalans. The way in which they were trying to get Fabregas away from Arsenal is the obvious reason.

Round 2 of football has begun and the signs are looking good for the tournament. We've got 3 goals from Uruguay against the hosts, South Africa. Hope this trend keeps up throughout the tournament. I've only seen the first goal before I turned off the TV. It was brilliantly taken by Diego Forlan.

I finished Round 1 ranked 60th. Not bad at all. Eh?

0 comments:

Search