Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fantasy World Cup Update & the Samba boys

I do not have any work to do at office as the end of my internship draws closer. I can't help but engage myself in blogging to keep away from boredom. The matches that took place yesterday were:

New Zealand  1 vs 1     Slovakia
Portugal          0 vs 0     Ivory Coast
Brazil              2 vs 1     North Korea

I had only watched bits of Portugal vs Ivory Coast before watching Brazil vs North Korea. I was hoping to see some good football from the Samba boys but, I was left disappointed. This was largely due to the way the North Koreans played. They were organized and defended well as a unit, not allowing the Brazilians any room. I should say that they weren't a team intimidated by Brazil. When they had the ball, they tried to create their own chances on the counter attack. Maicons' beauty and Robinhos' inch perfect pass sealed the game for the Brazilians while, North Korea grabbed a well deserved consolation later in the game.

Kaka and Maicon were the players of interest, as they were in my fantasy team. They did not disappoint and grabbed 5 attacking bonus points each.There are two more games left before the round finishes. I'm currently 15th in the world. Can I finish as the round winner? I will have to wait and see.

Till then.

0 comments:

Search